Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Cookie Time!!

Okay, I have really been trying to stay away from the Girl Scout cookies.

Many of you may be thinking - not so hard.

Don't buy them, if you have them, just don't eat them.

Or - eat them and be done and get over it!

Not so easy.

See I am Miss M's Troop Cookie Manager.

It is a daunting position. I had to pre-order for our troop. I had as many as 80 CASES (that's like 960 boxes) of those yummy, delicious cookies in my home at one time.

Then, the girls turned in orders, which I separated and delivered to the school for pick-up. There were only maybe 8 or 9 cases left in my house.

And just when I thought I was through the worst of it - I have to go and pick up more cases today for the girls Cookie Booth tomorrow.

28 more cases.

There are Caramel Delites, Shortbreads, Thin Mints, Thanks A Lots (chocolate dipped shortbreads!), Peanut Butter Patties, all of them.

The only ones I am not so fond of - the new Daisy Go Rounds. Of course, they are reduced fat.

So I am really, really trying to steer clear of the cookies.

Will it ever end?

Oh yes - in about one month.

Wonder how long my willpower will hold out with all these cookies is my house through March 8th?!

Til next time, I'll still be...
(trying to avoid cookies, and)

Being Brenda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure if I was cookie mom I would eat way more than my share of thin mints and samoa's. good luck staying strong!